Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So per Lindsay's not-so-subtle hints that I need to be a better blogger, I am attempting to do so.


Since you all know I'm a Halloween freak, I figured I'd better go ahead and let you all in on my madness. I've already started decorating *gasp*, so here's what I've got so far:


I saw something like this in a Halloween magazine, and just shifted it around for my pirate-themed party. It used only cheesecloth hanging from the chandelier, but I also put a fisherman's net on it, and hung a small skeleton from the middle. Looks pretty good considering it took me all of 5 minutes.



I found this idea in Martha Stewart Magazine. They are pillar candles wrapped in vintage book paper. They put out the perfect Halloween party glow, and no, the paper doesn't burn. I even lit one and let it go for about 4 hours just to be sure. I also found the platter they are on at D.I. for $1.50. Very cool.



Ok, so I saw this at Swiss Days (a craft fair up in Heber), and I thought 'Hey, I could do that', and so I went home that night and did it. Didn't even take me a hour, it was so quick. Again, just used vintage book paper rolled into cones and hot-glued to a cardboard oval. I bought the center at Michaels with a 40% off coupon (it reads 'Terror This Way') and hot glued it to the middle. Cool, right?



Ok so away from Halloween to my favorite 15 month old boy. This is Jasper's first horsey ride. We went to the South Jordan Fair with Grandpa Connelly and Colleen. Jasper seemed a little nervous at first, but by the end was petting the horse he was on (Rocket was his name?).




So that's what I've got so far, I'll do my best so post some more later.
Love you guys!


1 comment:

  1. Okay, rock on. But where are the post titles? And I would LOVE to see in progress pictures of the halloween crafts. You should take those so that you can always remember how you did them, and also so people like me can follow along and make them too! Thanks so much for the posts!! I love them! (P.S. I noticed you changed my background! I don't even remember what it was, but it wasn't this:) Right?)

    ReplyDelete