Thursday, September 30, 2010

So per Lindsay's not-so-subtle hints *again* that I'm a bad blogger, I'm posting another Halloween post. This is my crate of Tortuga Rum, filled with 'rum' bottles I've been amassing over the past year. I made up the logo on the front myself. Yes, you can all be in awe of my amazing logo-creating-abilities...


So here is the treasure chest I painted. I bought the chest at Michael's (using a 40% off coupon of course) and painted it like I thought a cool treasure chest should look like. I thought it turned out pretty cool, probably my favorite project yet.



I hung up all my lanterns and lights, and found my paper rats from Martha Stewart's Halloween line, *woot woot*.


I have a cool crow and some extra bottles that I put up high in a platform-like area of my livingroom. Very precarious, but I like it :)



Here's my Halloween Village, set up on a shelf... It's small, but I'm still building my collection.


I made a new wreath to go where the old one was, and put the old one above the village... I ran out of black spray paint, so to give this one some 'life' I put moss in some of the nooks and crannies. Cute, yes?


So that's what I've got as of now... I'm still going to have to wait to put up the picture scene for the 'authentic' pirate pictures until the night of, or else Jasper will have a hay day with it. But besides some last minute here-and-there project I might find, I'm about done!
Loves,


1 comment:

  1. AMAZING!! Your painting is in-spir-ring! I love the crate and treasure chest. Thanks for the pictures!!! I just want more...like zoom out over the sliding door so I can get a better feel for how the running rats look. Those are such a perfect touch! I am totally going to be on the lookout for pirate crafts now:)

    ReplyDelete